We've had lots of dinners with friends, hung out at friends houses, started back working (all of which we don't have pictures for, sorry!) and had some fun adventures, too!
- Josh has a car this week so we all did some exploring. I loved riding in a car with English music playing and the windows down! Man, it really made me miss driving! Also a fun thing about driving, drive-thrus! We found probably the only drive thru in Qingdao, a lone McDonald's drive through! We ordered hamburgers and fries! Funny story about the fries, none of us knew how to say french fries in Chinese so Josh tried explaining. In Chinese he said, "hen (very) duo (many) xiao (little) tou dou (potato) dongxi (stuff)." So basically he said that we wanted "many little potato stuff." They must have understood what he was saying though because we still got fries!
- We enjoyed dinner at Jessica's house this week with Matthias, Josh and our new friend Effe! Marrick (found out how to spell his name, correctly! Thanks Jess! I hope this is the right way..now I can't remember!) was a cutie pie, as always, dancing to Carrie Underwood. He seemed to really like her.
- As you probably already saw, Josh's birthday was this past Friday! We provided him with lots of superman themed fun stuff! Like an awesome cake, cards with Josh's face on superman and a cape! Happy 32nd Joshua!
- I took Zachary to the swimming pool this week to try to convince him we should get a pool card! We had fun swimming together and check out how adorable he looks in a swim cap.
- For Josh's birthday we ate at Sitting Bull, which has been on my list of places I wanted to try in Qingdao. It's a new restaurant that serves ribs and corn bread. They slow cook their ribs for 24 hours! The menu was super simple, ribs! The only choices you have to make is which sauce you want, which was a hard decision because they all looked so good! The ribs were so tender! It came with a potato, potato soup and salad. And of course we had to order some corn bread. Which was amazing! I'm sure you already read Zachary's love for cornbread on Joshua's birthday post.
- We went to Stationary Street this week. It took us two hours in traffic to find it but alas we did! I was excited to buy more paint and canvas for the house. And the guys enjoyed posing with the giant crayons and Stationary Street sign.
- We visited the famous Taidong Walking Street Night Market. There are rows upon rows of things to buy and eat. I bought some new flats!
- Near Taidong Walking Street we found Qingdao's Walmart. Most of you know we chose to not shop at Walmart but we were still excited to take pictures! Have you ever been to a 3 floor Walmart with escalators??
- Chara is doing well and super happy! She is so lovey-dovey this week!
Hope you all are having a great Tuesday!!
Miss you and love you!