8.26.2012

Baked Mac & Cheese

My good friend, Jessica, gave me this awesome recipe for baked Mac & Cheese. Our friends, Amber and CJ, just had their baby last week, so this was the perfect casserole recipe to take to them. 
I can't wait to make it again for us!
This recipe is super easy and makes a ton of mac & cheese.
 It's great for left overs.

1/2 to 1 pack of smoked bacon (your preference)
1 package of macaroni noodles
2 heaps of butter
3 tbs of flour
1 liter of milk
1 block of cheddar cheese
1 tomato
salt and pepper to taste

Boil noodles and drain. Set aside.
Put the butter in a pan over medium heat. 
Swirl it around as it melts. Wait 20 seconds.
Add 3 tbs of flour.
Stir continuously until it forms a paste. 
Add milk.
Stir for 15 minutes.
Add almost the whole block of cheese. 
(Reserve some for the top)
Stir until melted.
Turn off heat. 
Pour in noodles and mix to coat.
Slice bacon into bite size pieces.
Add to noodles or pan fry for crispier bacon.
Add bacon to noodles.
Add salt and pepper. (I put a lot of salt for taste.)
Pour into a casserole pan.
Top with sliced tomato and cheese.

When ready to eat, put in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments :

Carolyn said...

Looks great! Thanks for sharing. We freeze leftovers and it is great to pull them out on days when I don't want to cook or don't have the time.

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

After seeing this I now love you! I am a Mac and cheese freak and my fluffy shows it.

Pin It button on image hover