Bahhh. Hum. Bug. The summer has flown by!!! Our training will start in just a few weeks and the first day of school will start September 3rd. I am already thinking about winter vacation! ha.
Help me stay in the moment, people. Help me get excited about the start of a new school year!
So, my questions for you are,
What makes you the most excited about the start of a new school year?
(Mine used to be new school supplies! And new clothes!-- Maybe I should buy that stuff, just to feel like a kid again!)
Who was your favorite teacher and why? (To motivate me and get me thinking about how teachers can have such an awesome impact on their kiddos.)
Okay! On to Tuesday Tidbits.
- Mrs. Chara girl seems to prefer humans over dogs. She is very rude to other dogs. They whimper to play with her and she just looks completely past them. We have been trying to work on this. We certainly don't want to be raising a snob. So, we arranged some play dates with the local golden retriever pack. :) (3 golden retrievers that live in our complex) She had a great time playing and wasn't too snobby, though she did have many 'princess' moments.
- There is a Chinese Cosmo Bride. Full of red shoes and red
- dresses. But it's all in Chinese. Did I mention I miss magazines? :) Hint. Hint.
- We've done a lot of running around this week to our school, police stations, and photo shops preparing all our documents for our visa. We will get our visa right in the nick of time, right before our old one expires.
- More Office this week but on the big screen. :)We finally, got the cables we needed to hook the computer up to the T.V. Whoop! Zachary has wanted these babies for over 2 years. We bought some in Korea, only to find out they were the wrong ones. Josh, graciously, sent his "people" on it to hook us up with the right one.
- In an effort to explore things that help me to relax, I started a paint by numbers. Chara is checking it out with me.
- Family photo. :)
- Our friend Ethan came over to play with us this week! Ethan is 11 and pretty awesome! We had a great day playing with Chara and the dog pack, eating edamame and watching Spider Man.
- Check out life with a golden retriever.
- We enjoyed some Papa John's this week. It looks exactly the same as in the States. And they even have delivery.
- I keep this picture as a book mark in my bible. Do you guys know the story? It's amazing. The picture is called, Prince of Peace, painted by Akaine Kramarick, when she was just 6 years old. You can read more about her and her story here.
- We helped a friend out this week and taught a few kids for an hour this week. We met some new friends and were affirmed, once again, in the fact that we think we make a pretty great team! :)
- We love you guys and miss you! Have a wonderful Tuesday!
(Please ignore the random spacing of pictures and random bullets. I am about to have a freak out trying to get these bullets points to work right and not mess up the rest of the spacing... so just pretend it looks beautiful. Thank ya. :) )