Hey everyone! Another Tuesday! I can't believe it's almost October! Time flies.
We had a great week & have an even better week ahead of us! Zachary's birthday is on Friday, we have a friend from Korea coming to stay with us this weekend and vacation all next week! Whoop!
- I know we mentioned in a previous post but I'll say it again. We found a bus that picks up right in front of our house and takes us straight to school. Perfect! And the line just opened. Such a blessing. We take it home every day.
The stop is at the end of the line, so we get first pick in seats.
Just Heather from the block here. Ridin' the bus.
Ya, for cheap public transportation!
This bus is saving us almost $200 a month in taxi fares!
- View of our school, Grand High School.
- I don't know why, because usually I might not even notice it, but I have loved living in a city with an airport. I love hearing the planes coming in and seeing them up close as they make their descent. I know this isn't that big of deal, as most cities have that, but we didn't in Dongying. We rarely saw anything in the sky. It's funny the things we notice.
- Putting my new jacket from our care package to use.
What She Wore.
What He Wore
- It might not be a surprise but many Chinese people (Korean also) are not really into big dogs. They often run the other direction and steer clear of Chara on the sidewalk, though she is leashed. Often, people won't even get on the elevator with us if we have her. Many times the elevator has opened on our floor and the Chinese woman on the elevator shrieks and screams and contorts in the corner, while sweet Chara is wagging her tail and panting happily. Today, 2 women in a row completely glared Chara & me down. And Zachary experiences the same thing. Do you see this face?! She's precious and so happy! They look at us like we're walking a wolf or bobcat around on a leash.
Chara's leash is a Lead, so that she can't pull us while walking and so her leash doesn't choke her.
- The other day when we went walking we found 2 little cats in the tree. Chara loved looking at them and wanted to play but they were not so excited to see Chara.
This cat kept growling at her.
- We picked up some ice creams from Mickey D's for 3 yuan each! Only 47 cents.
- Baby Violet! She's gained almost 2 pounds and is doing great!
- We went to Amber and CJ's this week for dinner! We are thinking of planning weekly meals with them because we just love getting together so much. They are so encouraging. Also, CJ's a great cook!
Amazing! Shrimp with stewed tomatoes, salt and soy sauce. So good!
Lotus root and pork
Zachary patiently waiting for dinner.
Amber's mom, being a wonderful grandma, and making a bottle.
She has been here for a month to help Amber and CJ and meet baby Violet.
Amber and Violet. I love how Violet is looking at her mommy.
- We love getting together with our friends each week! This week was Nick & McKenzie's anniversary.
Such a beautiful family.
- Still loving all these kids!
We had lunch together on Sunday. Chicken and veggie stir fry and bao zi (bread dumplings).
He loves playing Ninja.
Inspecting a toy magazine.
- We loved listening to Katie play music on her ukulele. I am itching to get one now! Katie is a teacher here in Qingdao and lived in Saipan for 2 years. She has a beautiful voice and is a soccer coach at school.
- Kate and McKenzie. Kate was so sweet to me this past Sunday and played with my hair. So, you know I instantly love her! But besides for playing with my hair, she's a pretty amazing girl on her own! She is super sweet and has an amazing voice, too! She also teaches in Qingdao.
- My 6th grade kids playing a matching game. They had to match stores with the items they sell as a group.
How is everyone's week going so far?
Can't wait for next weeks Tuesday Tidbits!
Happy Tuesday everyone!