One week down of work for me and two days down for Zachary!
We are enjoying work so far.
It's going to take us a little time to get back into the swing of things and learn how to balance our busy social life, min*stry, exercise, rest and work!
But we're SOOOOOO very thankful that we have so much to fit into our schedules because its all such encouraging, life giving things and people that keep us busy!
- We received an AMAZING care package this week from my mom and grandma! We loved everything! Thank you both so much!
- We had a great day at the beach with friends on Saturday.
Ya, I know. It's so beautiful! And we get to live here!
Me, Katie, Rose and Laura
Sasha and his two sons.
These boys, Sammie and Kala, are amazing! They speak English, German and Chinese.
Lisa and Ethan. :) Sweet picture.
You can't even see them in the water because the waves were so big!
Handsome cheese ball. :)
Bishop Sasha, Bishop Nick and Bishop Zachary. :) Or are they Israelites? Or Arabs? Desert monks?
I'm not really sure.
- This Monday was Teacher's Day!
- Check me out at my new desk and office.
Notice the Starbucks? Since Zachary was off last week and I had to work, he kindly brought be a decaf coffee two of the days. Now that he's working I'm pondering paying an old Chinese lady to bring me Starbucks every day. ;) Remember in Korea, our LCI co-workers, how many of the coffee shops delivered? That was sweet. :) The only thing that delivers here is KFC and pizza.
- We love finding Chinglish (Chinese English). It always brightens my day. :)
- We ate at this amazing back alley Sushi restaurant. I'm pretty much obsessed with it!
Just kidding. We didn't eat this kind of sushi! Interesting take on sushi, huh? I didn't get a picture of the sushi we enjoyed, but it didn't include bugs.
- We also tried a new Thai restaurant in Qingdao called Thai Me Up. It was awesome!
We had Green Curry, Pad Thai, and Spring rolls.
- Jessica and Marrick finally came back from Thailand this weekend!! They were only gone two weeks but it felt like ages!!!
- Sweet Violet is growing and eating well! We enjoyed seeing her, her grandma, and parents last week.
- Also, we found out our two friends, Nick and McKenzie, are pregnant with their third child!! Ya!! It is such a blessing to be around growing families. :) Makes me want to start having babies soon! :) ( I know! Can you believe I'm saying that??!) But don't worry, I'm still actually saying in 4-5 years! And all these babies make me miss my sister, Sophie!! I had a great time talking to Sophie on skype this past week. I am trying to teach her Chinese. :)
Hope you guys are having a great week! We are missing some of you terribly! Especially those of you we haven't skyped with in awhile!!
We love you all!