3.21.2013

When I lack Words

I lack words today. I lacked words yesterday. 
I'm sick. Still.
And I just don't have much energy for "creative" things. 
Like this blog. 
Sometimes, when I'm sick, I just get in a survival mode. 
Sleep, work, sleep. That sleeping has included naps on my desk & 2 hours naps after work. 

I always find, when I'm lacking words, the best thing to do in my quiet times is to just list all that there is to Praise the Lord for.

So, here is my list, unfluffed. Just real. Whatever is in my heart. 
March 22, 2013
a good open class
Grade 1 students saying the funniest things
seeing respect for teachers in students
decaf coffee
hot water
Chara snuggling my head this morning
Zachary waking early
Zachary's plants
The Lord's unfailing love
good dreams
texts from friends
hilarious blogs that make me burst out laughing
massages yesterday
date night with Zachary last night
sushi
gelato
'The Bible' series
seeing the Word come to life on screen
the faithfulness and trust in God of Moses
friends asking about baptism
saying "Jesus is all that matters" to a friend, 
and feeling the emotion swelling in my chest of how true that is 
family back home
family here
a warm bed
a best friends pregnant belly
pictures of my baby sister
how my mom protects and loves my baby sister
germ X
Zachary playing worship music
a printer
a laminator
that the floor heating hasn't been turned off yet
the excitement of our friend's coming
the laughs of my coworkers
 a good night's sleep
laughing with my husband
dreaming with him
that the weather is still cold

And suddenly, I'm full of words. 
I feel like I could keep going and going.
My heart starts filling with gratitude. 
And life.
I feel like my eyes open to life.
And it's good.
I started doing this long before 1000 Gifts came out.
Speaking of which, have you guys read this book? If you haven't, do. It's good. Real good.

I started doing this in Santa Cruz. When a sweet sister told me that she did. This sister was going through countless of medical tests trying to figure out what was wrong with her and why she was getting head ache after head ache. 
Headaches, after, she had already found out that she had a muscle disorder, which freezes her muscles, often and in pain. 
I never once saw this girl complain. Or even look 'down'. She just had so much joy.  
And she wrote lists.

And so I started writing lists.

It's not a new idea. It's not original.
Thousands have been doing it before us or before 1000 Gifts became a best seller. 
But that's the beauty,  right? 
And just another thing to be thankful for.
That the Lord's blessings and goodness never cease. They never fail. 
Even in the darkest of times, there's always a list to be wrote. 
We will forever and always have lists upon lists of things to praise Him for. 

What are some of the things on your list today?

5 comments :

Kotryna Bass said...

I will deff read that book, thanks for reccomendations!

Sybil@PeaceitallTogether said...

Beautiful words! And, I love those photos of you!!

Unknown said...

I am thankful for you and Zac's friendship. Denny and I are blessed to know you here in Qingdao.

Unknown said...

I am thankful for you and Zac's friendship. Denny and I are blessed to know you here in Qingdao.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pin It button on image hover