12.08.2012

A Foodie's Care Package

Hey friends!
How's your weekend going so far?
We had an awesome day finishing up Christmas shopping.
I LOVE Christmas shopping. :)

I mentioned before that my best friend, Juliette, sent me an amazing organic, foodie care package for my birthday.
Ya, I know. She's the best.
I can't wait to share with you all the awesomeness she sent me!
{The card in my package.}
Because she knows me so well... 
It's hard work being such a bad A but someone's gotta do it. ;)

First off let me just say, I have the most amazing best friend in the world. She is actually beyond amazing. Every birthday she makes me feel ridiculously loved and thought of.
I'm so blessed and thankful for her.
{This is from my Bachelorette Party, obvs.)
This year, since she knew everyone would be sending me sugar-filled junk goodies, she decided to send me some wholesome, organic goodness.
Which is awesome! Because most of that stuff is really difficult to get here.

I was so surprised when I received her package and opened it up to see one awesome gift after another! Seriously, the box was overflowing.

For those of you in the States, with readily access to these things, go out and buy them!
 They are all amazing & they're not filled with GM ingredients!
Annie's organic shells. So delicious. 
These were by far the best brownies we've ever eaten. Yum! Buy them! 
Gluten Free Pantry Chocolate Chip Cookie & Cake mix. 
We made chocolate chip cookies with this. They were great dipped in milk.
Zachary really loved these. 
I couldn't get over the strong Dorito resembling smell. 
So if you like Doritos or flavored chips, these are the perfect gluten-free alternative. 
Not a food but a much recommended book, written by Juliette's friend.
Organic Fair Trade chocolate! 
The chocolate industry is filled with social injustice. 
Buy fair trade!! 
Yumm-O. Lara Bars.
You gotta love Austin. You can buy tons of vegan, gluten free, and natural stuff easily!
Justin's Almond Butter. Delish! Careful though one pack is 7 WW points!
Recycled wine bottle Pinot Noir Candle
This candle smells ridiculously good. 
I haven't even lit it yet because everytime I walk into the house I can smell it! I don't want to waste it!
I've been eager to make homemade Kale chips, but can't find Kale here. I was excited to try these. 
Buy fair trade! ;)
Ammmmazing dark chocolate covered blueberries. 
This stuff is delish! Try it!
Cocoa, dark chocolate, flaxseed, strawberry granola!
Flax seed mill!
Ya, Juliette's pretty amazing. She makes her own vanilla. No big deal.
She bought bourbon Madagascarian vanilla beans and let the soak in vodka for 2 months! It's legit and smells so yummy!
Real Simple Magazines! 
I loved the words on this journal she sent. 
"She's turning her life into something sacred : Each breath a new birth. Each moment, a new chance. She bows her head, gathers her dreams from a pure, deep stream and stretches her arms, towards the sky." 
LOVE it! Such a worshipful picture.

On the back it says, "It is here where she must begin to tell her story." 
Love it.

Do you have any 
yummy, wholesome recommendations?! 

3 comments :

Helene said...

love this!!! all looks so yummy, what a sweet friend!

Kristen said...

wow! she got you so much stuff! what a great friend :)

juliette said...

awww this makes me so happy! i'm so glad you loved it!!!

Pin It button on image hover