11.28.2012

A Fourth of a Century

That's right. I'm old. ;) I'm 1/4 of a century old! 
{My birthday was last Friday, the 16th.}
Pretty great accomplishment if I do say so myself. :) 
Though, I had NOTHING to do with it. All the Lord. 
So thankful He's giving me 25 years thus far. 

I used to think I was going to die my sophomore year of high school in a car wreck. 
Like really,  I thought for sure I would. 
And then I didn't. 
So I thought I was confused and mixed things up and it was actually my sophomore year of college. 
But then I didn't then either. Obviously.
And now, the more birthday's that go by the more I see a future. 
a Starbucks ornament & matching coffee mugs for our hot cocoa this winter :)

We are not guranteed tomorrow. And only God knows the number of days He has planned for me, but at year 25, I feel excited about the future. 
And thankful to be 25. 
And thankful for my 25th year to come. 

I had such an amazing birthday! Zachary lavished me like craze!
I woke up to a table full of presents!
There was a huge teddy bear, flowers with a new vase & 3 wrapped presents. 
A huge Teddy. She now sits awkwardly in our window seal next to Chara. 
I had just got out of the shower, hence the wet hair look. 
A whisk! I haven't had one of these since in China and Zachary knew I wanted one. 

And around 10 he brought me Starbucks coffee and breakfast at work. 
And surprised me with H&M goodies and a cake for me and the coworkers to share.
My coworkers all bought me presents as well!

Later I came home to find more presents waiting for me on the table! 

After work, we went ice skating, to H&M so I could buy some clothes, and out to eat at an amazing, authentic Italian restaurant!
I was beyond estatic to go ice skating! Skating is my thing. I feel at peace doing it. 
I had completely forgot how relaxing it is to me. 
Amazing 4 cheese pizza. 
Even better Eggplant Parmesan
Bruscetta
B-day twins. She was also celebrating her birthday at the restaurant.

My mom & grandma sent us a huge birthday care package. Zachary's parents, sister and my Papa provided me with the funds for a year of massages. My dad got me $100 to World Market and my grandparents got me 2 Etsy gift cards! Plus, my BFF, Juliette sent me a big package of organic, wholesome goodness! Zachary also got me glass pantry canisters and MAC make up.
TONS of goodies from my mom and grandma
baskets from my co-worker
my wine babies from a coworker 
She also got me some Este Lauder perfume!
Super cute earrings from Zachary's coworker
Tons more where this came from, from Jules. These were probably the best brownies I've ever tasted. Yes. I already made them. 
Anna Sui from Zachary

It was one of the best birthday's yet! 
I felt so lavished and loved.

And so, for this 25th year, I say, I am thankful.
And I proclaim, I'm not afraid. 
I'm not afraid of my heart giving out. 
I'm not afraid of some strange heart disease.
I'm not afraid of never getting a schedule or figuring it out.
I'm not afraid of the "end of the world." 
I'm not afraid to be living overseas.
I'm not afraid to not loose weight.
I'm not afraid of our debt. 
I'm not afraid of flying.
I just proclaim over this year that 
I AM NOT AFRAID.
If 1/4 of a century ;p has taught me anything, it's that I am not in control.
God is in control and He is Oh so Good. 
And even if the year ahead includes death, destruction, or suffering, I still proclaim it. And claim it. 
I am not afraid. 
Because I am trusting in my God. 

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

This is honestly one of the sweetest posts I've read in a while. I celebrated my 25th birthday on the 14th! It looks like you had an amazing one :)

Malo said...

Happy belated birthday ;)

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Kelly said...

Your blog is adorable and I am now following you!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

TheTinyHeart said...

Happy belated birthday, Heather! The massive teddy bear is so cute! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Starbucks + Ad Space Giveaway!

Jess said...

Your birthday sounds amazing friend! You have some very special, thoughtful people in your life! I love that picture of all the things your family sent you! How cute is that! I turned 25 in September and I can't tell you how much I relate to your post about not being afraid. The older I get, the more God shows me how in control He is so that I don't have to be. I struggle with anxiety too, and actually almost everything you listed that you're afraid of, I have also been afraid of! Sorry for the long comment, would love to email and connect with you! So encouraged by your honesty!
Jess
jessmileham@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Happy B-day!
Such a lovely post, looks like you had a lovely birthday!!

xx Audrey

fashionhightea.blogspot.com

Helene said...

happy birthday but... you are not old, if you are then I am! Turing 26 in Jan!! eek. Love all these pictures! the food looks yummy!

Kenzie @ Life According to Kenz said...

I found your blog through Jess from JMN way! Loving it so far! Super cute!

You are gorgeous my dear, I LOVE your headband! Looks like you got stocked up on some fantastic Starbucks gear for the winter. :)

Happy belated birthday!!! I'm so glad I found your blog!!

Pin It button on image hover